Mary Lererich, our founder

Mary Lererich,
our founder

A vision come to life

Riverview Estates was the vision of Miss Mary Leverich and became a reality on August 17, 1951, when she donated $65,000 from her estate, to establish a Baptist Home in South Jersey.

The present location was purchased for $37,500, and included the Victorian house, the carriage house as well as an additional lot for expansion.

Authorization to operate the Home was received from the State of New Jersey October 1, 1953. The doors opened for ministry March 10, 1954. Dedication took place at 2:30 p.m., Saturday, October 2, 1954.

Mr. Charles Kittle became our first non-clergy administrator of the Home in 1992, changing admissions to include non-American Baptist residents. Mr. Kittle also began the use of "Riverview Estates" in our public relations materials.

While we may not know what the future holds, we know who holds the future. With the Lord's help we have come this far and with the Lord's help we will have another 50 years of service to the Seniors of the South Jersey area.